Monday, March 4, 2013

Babar Sher Desire

In 2009, I began a series of Lions I called "Babar Sher".  Babar Sher is an Urdu word for lion and I liked that.  This was to be the last of that series, but I wonder, when you let 4 years go between them, can it still be called a series?  Oh well, a series it is and if I ever feel like it, I will add to it!  So, here, without further ado, is #4 of a series of four.

Babar Sher Desire
12" x 16" acrylic on canvas board
March 4, 2013

I thought it would be fun to see them all together, so here are the rest.  The one called simply Babar Sher was not part of the series but was the "prototype" that started me painting them in the first place.

Babar Sher (Urdu)
Babar Sher Crimson


Babar Sher Grande
Babar Sher Fierce

BTW, today's Babar Sher's name came about this way.  I wanted to name it after my dog Stella.  That brought on the idea of "A Street Car named Desire".   I mean, what else could it have been?  I've always felt bad that the Blog is named after the other two, Erin and Annie.  I had had them about 6 years when I started the blog and they were already my faithful friends.  It was only after the Blog was started that Stella came to live with us and therefore, she was left out.  Frankly, the name of the Blog would have become a little awkward anyway, Ha! Ha!  So, there you go Stella, you have a painting in your honor now.

No comments: