Sunday, March 24, 2013

Studio Buddies

Pretty Eyes and Rat
11" x 14" x ¾" acrylic on cradled canvas
March 19, 2013

In case you haven't guessed by now, I love my Pretty Eyes!  I've had him most of my life.  I think I was about 7 or 8 years old when someone gave him to me.  I do remember thinking he had the prettiest eyes I'd ever seen - ergo, his name!

Recently I photographed him in many poses so I'm sure you'll continue to see him.  He and Rat, who came to live with us as a Christmas decoration about 4 years ago, sit on the drafting table that I work on.  I have two of them, side-by-side in my studio.  The second one has a table top easel which I used to use all the time.  For some unknown reason, I seldom use it now.  Makes me think, why not remove the easel and have the work space?  Great idea, now I know what I'm going to do tomorrow!

In addition to the great work tables, I have 4 art-quality lamps so when I paint, it is lit up like a football stadium!  I do have to say, thank you God for the wonderful studio I have to work in.  It is so beautifully stocked that I could probably paint for several years without having to buy additional canvas.  As far as paint goes, yes, I have a
wonderful supply, but that seems to need replacing either because of degrading or because it has been used.  What a problem!

I have bought canvas several times in the last year to get a specific type.  I am finding I prefer hard surfaces to cradled canvas.  Recently I found Cheap Joe's cradled hard wood surfaces.  I got a box of 10" x 20" x ¾".  They smell so good, like my Father's work shop, every time I get one out, I have to smell it!  That sounds ridiculous but I love painting on them.

Pretty Eyes, I love you!

No comments: