Sunday, March 31, 2013

Number Kids Series

Number Boy No.9 - Alex 
6" by 6" acrylic on masonite
March 28, 2013

This is my 4th in the Number Kids Series.  I started calling them "Number Girls" but it turns out I need to add a boy or two!

Today's Number Kid is for my nephew Alex who is just starting his nine month adventure in Afghanistan.  I think I wrote about him a few days ago.

Anyway, today is Easter Sunday and the family is getting together for a lunch at 2:00 and Barbara, Alex' Mother wants us to have a card for him to put in a package she will send to him this week.  I painted a Numbers Kid for this purpose.  I've already painted one for myself, a 13 for Friday the 13th; one for my daughter, a 39 for her current birthday; and one for my sister, an 18 for the date she will be getting married.

Alex' number 9 represents the number of months he will be away.

Our Family Dinner today will be the usual 4, me, Mary Ellen, Ron and Barbara.  Joining us will be my LBFF - lazy best friend forever - Ann.  I have no idea how many Easters over the 20 years I've know her she has spent with us, but it has been plenty.  What a blessing to have dear friends and family that like to be together.

Mary Ellen will be bringing lunch today, Frogmore Stew which is boiled shrimp, potatoes and corn on the cob.  We will eat outside on the patio, something we all LOVE to do.  Nothing like eating under God's great sky to enjoy a meal to celebrate His Son Jesus.  I can't say here how happy and grateful I am for all my blessings and love.

BTW, LBFF comes from the fact we talk nearly every day on the phone, but seldom see one another.  Our friendship couldn't be stronger, but being in person with one another doesn't seem important to either one of us.  We decided that we were just "lazy friends"!

No comments: