Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tie Flies

Red King (Davie McPhail)
5" by 7" acrylic on canvas board
March 2, 2013

Dry Royal Coachman
5" by 7" acrylic on canvas board
March 2, 2013

And the answer is: NO, these are not the last of the flies!  I really like painting them.  In fact, my sister has a bag full of flies our Dad made and she wants me to look them over to see if there are any I can paint.  Wouldn't that be something, painting Dad's flies!  He was so talented.  He made shrimp nets and even cast the weights he used on them.  I worked in Radiology and once was able to get a large amount of lead for him to melt for weights.  He actually sold enough nets to buy himself several nice things, like a small fishing boat and console stereo.  Remember those?  A large piece of furniture just to hold your record player.  Do they make things like that to hold MP3 players?  Of course not, you strap those to your arm now!

No comments: