Saturday, March 16, 2013

Wedding Shower

My sister is the best friend I've ever had and I've had some really good friends.  I respect her and love her more than I can tell.  And now she is getting married.  She and Bob Benson have quite a story and they are so good together.  Their wedding date is May 18th and today, we are giving her a bridal shower brunch.  "We" is the core group of "Family", my sister-in-law Barbara, my daughter Mary Ellen and myself.

Mary Ellen has done all the planning and shopping and now, Barbara and I will go in and grab a little credit!  We have no shame!

Mary Ellen asked me if I thought I could paint something, so I decided to paint Beverly one of my "Number Girls".  I painted Mary Ellen a "39" for her birthday recently and I have a "13" from 2009 on a Friday the 13th.  Beverly's is an "18" for the date of her wedding.

The Bride in Black Slip
6" by 6" acrylic on canvas board
March 11, 2013

It is a lingerie shower, so she is supposed to be in a black gossamer slip!  It is one of those things you have to use your imagination for!  This little painting will be on a table easel.

I will take a couple of photos and will add them later this afternoon.

No comments: