Friday, March 29, 2013

Blast From the Past 1889

Van Gogh's LaBorceuse Augustine Roulin 1889
10" by 8" acrylic on canvas board
March 28, 2013

This was a real surprise, a "found" project!  When I started my studio in 2009, I participated in many painting challenges.  This picture was selected for one and I had gotten as far as sketching a prepared canvas.  I must have done a good job sketching because it sure was fun to paint today.  I wish I could find more of these little gems!

Just for fun, here is the reference image I used.  I thought I did a pretty good job this time.  In fact, I think my girl is just a little prettier!

In addition to this painting, I finished two others today plus got four more preped for tomorrow!  Really good day in the studio!  Tomorrow I have an appointment in the afternoon and on those days, I seldom get much done in the studio.  We'll see how it goes!

No comments: