Friday, March 1, 2013

March is on My Mind

I'm so glad it is March.  I don't know why, but it just seems like it is a good thing, this March!  I'm looking forward to lots more painting.  I'm getting familiar with my studio again.  It is amazing what wonderful supplies I have to work with.  I'm excited every day to see what I can do!

BeeKeeper
Acrlic on 16 x 16 x ¾ on cradled wood panel
February 27, 2013

I worked on this one for several days.  It was such a joy to work with this cradled panel.  I really like painting on wood and would choose it over canvas any time.  As I replace my inventory, I will try to add more of these.

Here is something kind of weird.  I went to see my doctor today and while in the waiting room, picked up a photography magazine.  It had an article on beekeeping and guess what photo was included.  YES, one of my two reference photos on the same day I completed the painting.  Kind'a weird don't you think?  You know, why I sat where I sat and picked up that magazine, I had taken a book after all!  I was excited, maybe I could get a photographer reference but there was none.  Too bad that a photo can make it to the internet and be used in magazines as well without siting who took the photo in the first place.

2 comments: