Tuesday, July 7, 2009

You were not made from a common mold

Babar Sher Crimson
acrylic on 10" by 10" by 1.5" gallery canvas
available $60 + $8 shipping
email me for PayPal invoice

This is the 3rd of four lions I started a couple of weeks ago. I still have one more and I'm sorry to say, it has taken me a little longer than I had hoped.

This lion is painted in almost all iridescent golds, copper & bronze. There are touches of 4 other colors, I'm sure you can see black and white! Also, there is a touch of pink on his nose and a touch of yellow orange azo under his wiskers. For me, very minimalistic!

The background is so yummy because the sides of the gallery wrap canvas are slightly contrasted to the front background. The background is Qunacridone Magenta and the sides are Hibiscus. OOOww, this is a pretty combination!


I know you can't wait - ha! ha! - but I'll give you a hint, the next - the last - lion will be on a green/gold background. Maybe this lion will be green, too!

I thank God for the way he made you, distinct, special and unique. You were not made from a common mold.
~ Erwin W. Lutzer

I WILL see you tomorrow!

No comments: