Monday, March 11, 2013

Keeping Up

I'm finding it hard to keep up with it all.  It takes a little while to scroll through Facebook, translate & read my friend Amina's Blog, and emails.  Then there is varnishing and packaging recent paintings, canvas prep for future paintings, selecting subject of future paintings.  Then there is photographing and scanning paintings and entering data onto computer and blogging.  Besides actually turning out a painting, there is a lot of behind the scenes work involved.  I don't know, when you write it down, it doesn't sound like that much, but keeping up with it all is a lot of work.  And just think, most artists have families and full time jobs on top of all that.  Upshot, it's been 3 days since my last post!

Fleabus
20" by 10" by 1" acrylic on wood panel
March 8, 2013

This is Fleabus.  Yes, I choose that ridiculous spelling because I wanted to "punch" the name.  In approximately 1958, my sister and I enjoyed attending the movies at the local theater.  It took 50¢ to attend with a box of popcorn and a coke.

At one apparently memorable movie, the cartoon was about this funny little guy that raised his hand and open and closed his fingers waving to his companion.  For some reason, that little wave and his name stayed with both my sister and myself all these years.  All I would have to do is give the wave and my sister will crack up laughing and say "Fleabus"!

I really like this painting and besides, the wood it is painted on is really beautiful.  It has the aroma of freshly cut lumber and is so reminiscent of my Father's wood shop.  It brings back really special memories.

No comments: