Saturday, March 2, 2013

One Minute Paintings

No, I didn't actually paint these in one minute, but I did do them all in one day.  There is an artist that posts to Daily Painters Gallery and she often shows what she calls "1 minute paintings" then sells them for $60.  If I were charging that amount, I'd darn sure tell someone it took me all day to paint!  Just kidding!  But these didn't take all that long and frankly, they aren't that good.  I stewed about what I could do to them great and finally decided not every thing needs to be great.  Someone will want a little token or memento of my work, a toss-off, if you will.  Someone will want a fly - who knows?  Anyway, here are a few "flys" from a day spent in my studio!  I got interested in painting them as my "son-in-law", Ron, just loves them.  Actually, I've had several people act really interested in them, so...












Tumbler Fly
Acrylic on 5" x 7" canvas Board
March 1, 2013




Hot Shot, Hamma Hamma River
Created by Dorsey Campbell
Acrylic on 3" x 5" canvas Board
March 1, 2013




Streamer Fly
Created by Davie McPhail
Acrylic on 5" x 7" canvas Board
March 1, 2013


Final note:  Yes, I did state that the middle one is on a 3" by 5" canvas board.  I found that pitiful little board in some stuff recently.  The "stuff" was from the 1980's when I first began painting!  The price on the back is 29¢.   I never thought I'd use it, but darned if it didn't work out pretty nice!  I wonder, if I was to buy it today, what it would cost?

No comments: