Monday, March 18, 2013

Butterflies

Disney Butterfly #1
8" by 8" acrylic on canvas board
March 17, 2013

I spent all afternoon and evening in the studio and don't feel like I have that much to show for it.  I do, really, but I like to see more done, I'm getting spoiled!

I had to do a lot of prep work and even day 2 on a couple of canvas.  They will probably be completed in the next day or two.  Wahh, wahh, I'm whining over nothing!

Disney Butterfly #2
8" by 8" acrylic on canvas board
March 17, 2013

The inspiration for these two butterflies came from a Disney Vacation Magazine advertisement.  I actually found four photos including Day Spa from yesterday and a turtle yet to be completed.  Great luck finding these reference photos.  I have such a hard time finding original photos I feel I can paint.

I liked both of these paintings.  Number 1 is very unusual and Number 2 is just so darned colorful.  I've painted a number of butterflies and they are the first to go.  Everyone seems to like them.  I wonder who will ask for these and how long they will stay getting dusty in my studio?  Not long, I hope!


No comments: