Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Something a Little Different

Anna Paulowna Windmill
11" by 14" acrylic on Everlast canvas board
April 29, 2013

Well, this one turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.  I was able to get enough detail in it to make it look interesting, something I have a little trouble with.  Especially pleasing to me is the water.  I thought the bridge turned out pretty good, too. OK, enough Beckie, you're gushing!  It's not that good!  It's just that I didn't copy someone elses work, I looked at a photograph and came up with my own interpretation.  That is what pleases me and I'm trying to do it more and more.

I've always liked to copy paintings I like but seldom put them on the Blog.  A shame because some of them are pretty good but I'm sure that is because someone else planned them in the first place.  They get thrown into what I call "my give-away-pile".  I think I've mentioned that several times but it is important to me that you know that.  That is how I started painting in the early 1980's, now they just give me practice.  Paint Beckie, just paint.

No comments: