Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A walk and a day in the yard

Babar Sher Pride
11" by 14" acrylic on Everlast canvas board
May 5, 2013

The sand road is made of glass bead gel and my secret mixture to make "just-the-right" sand color!  I don't know, are these two females walking the cub?  So far, all my other Babar Sher lions have big manes.  Oh well, doesn't really matter.

Ron and I worked in the yard for about four hours today.  It is so satisfying to see how nice the yard looks tamed.  And after the recent four days of rain, you can imagine how much Spanish Moss was lying about the yard - about five huge bags full!

I have to confess, I did start three canvas' but didn't complete one today.  It's been a long time since that has happened.  It does happen every once in a while which is certainly O.K. but I feel like I've missed something.  We'll see if I can get back on tract today, but I'll tell you, I'm a hurtin' puppy after all that yard work!  Everyone says it, but it doesn't make it any less true, I'm not as young as I used to be!

No comments: