Sunday, May 5, 2013

Count Your Blessings

Pretty Eyes on the Drafting Table
11" by 14" acrylic on Everlast canvas panel
April 30, 2013

I tell you, Pretty Eyes is a silly boy, but he is getting a little prideful in his new found celebrity.  I may have to have a talk with him, I'd say "Pretty Eyes, keep it up"!

Tonight was Family Night here on Kings Road.  Over the last 3 years, Mary Ellen, Ron, Barbara and I have become very protective of our "little family".  We often invite others to join us, but there is nothing like just the four of us.  Everyone brings a little something and we all chip in to cook and clean up.  It is always a group project.  Tonight, I made a wonderful meat sauce I cooked in the crock pot all day.  We served it over Ziti.  Mary Ellen & Ron brought the salad and the wine.  Barbara brought some ingredients I needed for the Italian Green Beans and the bread and desert.

The food is always delicious and home made.  But the conversation and camaraderie is what we crave.  We even look forward to the dinner prayer.  It reflects the joy and love we have for each other and the family and always the military that is protecting us.  This year, our Alex is in Afghanistan,











something we are so proud of him for doing.  We asked him why he grew the facial hair and he said it was to make him look older as he is leading the projects.

He just sent the most wonderful photos of which I'll share a few.

He said  "A few day ago I took a helicopter to go see my project sites.  We flew over all of my projects and I was able to get these great pictures.  I had a great time.  Afghanistan is very pretty with mountains, canyons, green greass, horses, lambs, cows, hills.  It is spring time so everything is really pretty and green.  This will last about another month then it will all die off due to lack of rain.  It is really pretty right now."  Sounds like he had a pretty nice day.


Yes, we do have family Blessings to count at our house!


No comments: