Monday, May 27, 2013

My Early Days-7

It's funny how things turn out.  I actually painted this painting to give to a girl I worked with to hang in her new office on her first job.  Then I never saw her again!  I've had it hanging in my home ever since.  It is a painting called Into the Cool of the Evening after Barbara Gallagher.  I painted it in 1986 and it is painted on a 16x16 sheet of canvas.  Here is a sampling of Barbara Gallagher's work.

1997 Christmas Angel 13x13, $35

The Carnival Was There 48x48

The WestSide Doorway 36x48

unknown

unknown
I know Ms. Gallagher passed away a few years ago, but her work will stand the test of time.  I hope you get by to see photos of her work.

I spent yesterday, Sunday, rather quiet.  I went to church with our neighbor Frances C. Then I napped and painted all afternoon.  At 5:55, Sheila arrived from Carbondale, IL.  She made better time than I thought she would.  Today, we went to the grocery store and are now cooking lots of food for the week.  It should be a good week judging by the food we are cooking!

No comments: