Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My Early Days-3

This is a painting I did in 1989 which I called Skinner Lake, Putnam County.  It is probably the largest painting I've done, a 30" by 30" stretched canvas.  I painted it for my Mother to hang in the lake house she had on Skinner Lake, a small lake in central Florida.  It is after a painting done by Alex Colville.  Following is a representation of his wonderful work.
 
Artist and Car, 26.7 x 42.3 cm acrylic, 2008

Man on Verandah, 38.1 x 50.8 cm tempera, 1953
Hound in Field, 76.2 x 101.6 m acrylic, 1958
Waterville, 33 x 73.8 cm acrylic, 2003
Dog and Priest, 52 x 90 cm acrylic, 1978
I have that painting now which sits on an easel in my family room.  I see it every day and never get tired of it!

The wedding is over and for several days, I didn't have internet access.  Then, it took me a day, I was so tired, to realize that I could begin again.  I've missed blogging!  The wedding went off without a hitch and the happy couple should be landing in Italy any minute now.  We had two events everyday on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I'm not used to any events, so was really exhausted.  It feels good to start to get back to normal.  In fact, yesterday, for the first time in a week, I picked up a paint brush.  Now that is a good feeling!

No comments: