Thursday, April 18, 2013

TV - Blogging - Whinning

Home Plate
9" by 12" by ¾" acrylic on cradled canvas
April 15, 2013

It's been a couple of days since I've written anything.  There are several reasons and all issues my own fault.  I've been blogging now for 2 solid months and as far as I know, not one person has visited.  I know there are things I can do - should do - to bring traffic, but so far, I have done nothing.

Part of the reason was I wanted to bring this blog back to a solid footing.  Partly, I am just to lazy to visit other blogs and leave comments.  That is one of the surest ways of bringing traffic.  In 2009, when I started this blog, I did several technical things which also helped.  I don't know if they are still in place or not  and don't really know what they are anymore.  I'm sure I could find out if I visited Blogspot tutorials.

Speaking of my original blog.  I don't know what caused the font to become so large and therefore losing the sidebox.  I wish I knew what happened and how to fix it, but I don't so just live with it!  Poor me!

Now, about todays painting.  I actually took a photo from a movie on TV and used that as my reference photo.  WOW!  Something unique and original.  Too bad I didn't have enough detail to help add to the painting.  It could use a lot of tweeking, but again, I'm not going to do any more to this one. 

Gee, do I sound lazy.  Or depressed?  I don't know, I'm just beginning to wish I had some traffic.  Maybe because I'm finally developing a fair number of paintings, lots of those are simply to be given away, but you know what?  It is practice and experience I'm getting.  I keep remembering the words of Edward B Gordon, a very successful German Artist who told me to paint my first 500 and not show them to anybody.  Just paint!  Well, I'm approaching 300 now, so it doesn't matter yet.  I'm still in my developing stage.  AND THAT IS THE TRUTH!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was visiting the blog iamrushmore.blogspot.com and for fun touched the "next blog" area at the top...and your blog appeared. :-) I like your paintings! Thought you'd like to know...

beckielboo said...

What a day for you to visit! The day I decide to Whine! I'm sorry Peggy, I'm usually a very positive person!

And, I do like to know you liked what you saw! You're a good person!