Saturday, April 20, 2013

My Sidebar is back!!!!

Desk Dolls
9" by 12" by ¾" Acrylic on Cradled Canvas
April 17, 2013

I guess you can tell now, I love my dollies!  And yes, I have many.  I've painted this pair once before.  They were in a grouping of my books and an antique powder shaker.  I liked them in that painting and wanted to make them the centerpiece of their own.  Moral of the story?  Never go back, it doesn't work for me!  I guess I just don't pay enough attention to detail now.  I am, after all, several years older!  I forgot his hat and her feet are different.  Also, I tried here to make his arms & legs darker but did a better job last time and her hair showed up better.  I feel stupid!  But I trudge on.  Just paint ... paint ... paint ...

The good news tonight is, I figured out how to get the template layout I prefer.  I wasn't able to get the font size corrected.  I went to the area where it is adjusted and the font size appeared correct and the blog itself looked just right.  I saved that and went to the blog & nothing had changed.  Oh well, this is so much better now.  Maybe I'll figure out the rest eventually, too!  A few weeks ago, it just "got bigger".  Maybe I was hacked, I don't know.

ADDENDUM: 6:00 a.m. I couldn't sleep until I "fixed" it!  Maybe it makes a difference & maybe not?  But here is the "Re-Do".

I darkened his arms & legs, added a hat and lightened her hair.  It turns out her feet were embellished the 1st time and I decided not to change them.  Now I think I can sleep!  I think the changes were worth it!  I often see more by looking at the paintings on line rather than holding the real thing in my hands.  Isn't that weird?

Also, I forgot to mention they are sitting on an antique captains desk that was my grandparents.  My Mom gave it to Mary Ellen many years ago, but she has never had room for it - thank goodness!  I love it and do have room for it!

No comments: