Monday, April 8, 2013

Pretty Eyes vs the Dunked Sheep

A double treat today!  The reason is, the first painting will look like you've seen it recently, and for that matter, in the distant past, too!  But this will be it's last hoorah as far as I'm concerned.  However, it gets snapped up quite quickly.  The 1st one, in 1984 was snatched off my wall.  The second one, seen for the 2nd time was also snatched up without a moments hesitation.  That tells me, this one, mine again, could possibly be at risk for "snatching".  You never know around here!  It is a rendition of a wonderful painting done by Sally Wildman which I covered in depth on March 5 called, appropriately, "Sheep Dip".  I can not find Ms. Wildman's edition of this painting on line.  I originally found it in an art magazine and snipped out the tiny photo.  Also, unfortunately, I do not know what year Ms. Wildman painted Sheep Dip.  I would estimate somewhere between 1959 and 1984 as Ms. Wildman was born in 1959 and I painted my first copy in 1984.  Brilliant!  I should be a detective!  Momma would have been so proud, Daddy would have been skeptical.  Here for your enjoyment is my last, I hope, copy of Ms. Wildman's Sheep Dip.

Sheep Dip after Sally Wildman
20" by 20" by 1½" acrylic on cradled canvas
April 4, 2013

About the three I've painted, they very in size quite significantly.  The first was done on a 16x20 canvas board.  The second, given to my dear friend Ann O'Reilly, was done on a 10x10x1½ cradled canvas and this one is done on the 20x20x1½ cradled canvas.


Pretty Eyes Tabled
11" by 14" acrylic on Claybord
April 5, 2013

I'm going to write something about this in the next couple of hours, but right now, I just can't keep my eyes open.  Say Goodnight Gracie!

Whew, I'm back and so is Pretty Eyes. Don't you love him?

No comments: