Wednesday, April 10, 2013

100th Painting for 2013

Wedding Dress No.17 - Wire Hanger Series
11" by 14" acrylic on Pentura canvas board
April 9, 2013

Well, I just realized this is my 100th completed painting for 2013, a goal I was hoping to see.  Actually, my real goal is to see 200.  Pardon the pun, but "we'll see"!  Truthfully, I do expect to make that goal.  I've got over 10 in various stages.  You have to plan ahead, select the size and type of canvas, prepare it and paint the background if necessary.  Some need to dry well between adding certain colors.  Some, you just need to think about!

This Wedding Dress is really beautiful.  The background has the random small scattering of gold glitter which enhances the gold of the trim of the dress.  It's not my favorite but maybe it should be.  I like it and it is a celebration piece.  Yeah Number 17 !

No comments: