Saturday, April 6, 2013

Shoo Fly, Shoo

Soft Hackle Fly (Maria Gonzalez of Mayfly)
6" by 6" acrylic on masonite
March 25, 2013


Captain Poinder (Davie McPhaill)
6" by 6" acrylic on masonite
March 25, 2013

These are the last of the fly's.  I don't have any plans to do more unless some pitiful man begs me too!  Ha! Ha!  That Davie McPhaill sure makes them colorful doesn't he?  Let's see, he might have a website?  I looked him up, but everything seems to be videos often on Youtube. They can be found by Googling in case you want to see more of his tying skills.

I just found out Maria Gonzalez is an artist with a Website called Mayfly Art.  I thought she tied flys.  That means her paintings are so realistic that they are mistaken for the real thing!  She does portraits in addition to the flys.  BTW, mine does not look a thing like hers.  Part of the reason is mine are painted on the black background which is quite dramatic, don't you think?

Well, good thing I'm out of the "fly" business.  Looks like it's pretty well covered.  Thank you both Davie and Maria for the inspiration you've provided.

No comments: