Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Joy of Pigs

Olivia, Little Piggy
acrylic on 8" by 8" canvas board
available, $40.00 including shipping
email me for PayPal invoice

Olivia is a fictional pig featured in children's books by author and illustrator Ian Falconer, who says he based the exuberant, strong-willed character on his niece.

My Olivia is based upon Norma Wilson's Piglet. I actually tried to buy this painting, but was unsuccessful in the EBay auction. Norma is THE reason I was introduced to daily painting. I Googled flamingo and came upon a painting of hers. I followed the links and found my most favorite site, Daily Painters Gallery.

Norma paints the most wonderful, whimsical animals among other subjects. She uses thick, color intense oils and verys the sizes and subjects to keep things interesting. Although I haven't gotten to know Norma very well - yet - I think of her as my friend. Thank you for the inspiration and the joy of your beautiful paintings.

See you next time,
Goodnight

No comments: