Monday, June 1, 2009

Art Challenge #10: A Road Less Traveled

Liberal, MO
acrylic on 9" by 12" by 1.5" gallery wrapped canvas
available $60.00 including shipping
email me for PayPal invoice or




In one of my Mother's Day post, I mentioned my Grandfather Scott "Doc" Wimmer was from Liberal, Missouri. Their home was occupied until early in the 1990's. Every year, we visited my grandparents in Southeast Kansas, and always took an afternoon to visit his brothers, Uncle Paul, Uncle Archie and his wife Aunt Dessie, and Aunt Dorothy. These were wonderful trips into a time gone by. I have many memories and stories about Liberal, perhaps I should start a Blog about my family, memories and the places they lived. Maybe...

I painted this picture for The Artist Challenge #10, A Road Less Traveled. It is interesting that some of the other entries showed what was at the end of that road. I guess I am too literal, I thought a road was a road! Maybe they will have that challenge again and I can paint a rainbow! Just kidding, I like my painting and would take that road anytime!

Along with the painting, I posted the following quote. I like it, so want to share it again here.

We stand now where two roads diverge. But unlike the roads in Robert Frost's familiar poem, they are not equally fair. The road we have long been traveling is deceptively easy, a smooth superhighway on which we progress with great speed, but at its end lies disaster. The other fork of the road / the one less traveled by / offers our last, our only chance to reach a destination that assures the preservation of the earth.
Rachel Carson

Where does that road lead you?
Goodnight

No comments: