Saturday, August 29, 2009

Art Challenge #16: Anonymous

Munich on a Snowy Night
acrylic on 7" by 9" on canvas board
available $215 including shipping
email me for PayPal invoice

This is a little beauty created for The Artist Challenge # 16, Anonymous. Tonight, this lone traveler walks down a hall of the Train Station or perhaps even an Airport. There is no way to know who he is or where he is going. We do know he is traveling light as he is carrying a backpack. You can feel the crusty snow on the glass, it is layered with a coat of glass beads and actually has texture!

All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware
~Martin Buber

The Artist Challenge is exploding. The art and artists get better with every challenge. The site Host, Vikki North must be a genius, as she has developed an incredible Web Site Challenge that grows in its potential every month! Not to mention that Vikki is kind, compassionate and a very gifted artist! She is an inspiration extraordinaire! I am in love with her piece The Fireflies and The Fish which she did for the Moon River Challenge #14.

In the last two weeks, a new affiliated Blog has been added to The Artist Challenge umbrella. It is The Inferno - Charlatans of Literature & Art, hosted by Heather Brown Miller and co-authored by Eric Schweer. Heather has a 1st Challenge in the works and I am just about ready to post my painting for that challenge. I will talk about Heather, The Inferno and Eric more in the when I post for their first challenge!

Thank you for looking, but do yourself a favor, visit The Artist Challenge and The Inferno.

6 comments:

June Saville said...

Hi Beckie
I agree that Vikki is a giant and you have given Artists' Challenge a well deserved plug.
And thanks for visit 70 Plus and Still Kicking!

beckielboo said...

June, I am thanking you! I haven't had enough time to enjoy your site, but I am so looking forward to a really good visit!

Heather at the Inferno is another one I am crazy about, of course, that is where I found you! and the wonderful peek into your story "Paternity".

Thank you so much for the visit and comment. Funny, but every other place I've visited with has come from Australia - Is someone trying to tell me something?

Autumn Leaves said...

Beckie!!! I think you have surpassed yourself with this piece. It is so absolutely gorgeous! The silhouetted man looks perfect, great proportion, good eye!! I've been loving your work more and more each time you post a new piece! I cannot even click to these new challenges. I have a hard enough time trying to keep up with the three challenges I already try to do! Methinks my next effort for DSfDF will be in oils. You know, if you want to stay in touch easier, you can email me...

Eric S. said...

This painting is so perfect for the anonymous challenge. There is do greater feeling of anonymity as that when I fly. AN airport filled with strangers, never knowing the destinations of each other. oblivious to the reasons behind the trip. You captured that feeling and displayed it so brilliantly.

beckielboo said...

Sherry, just remember that I consider us on the same level - if you think I'm doing OK - so are YOU!

Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean so much!

beckielboo said...

Eric, don't you just love the craziness of the airport? I guess if you fly often, that may not be the case!

Thank you Eric. When someone has you as a friend - they also have a great supporter! You mean so much to us ALL!