Friday, July 10, 2009

No spring nor summer beauty

Three Graces, 1986
acrylic on 20" by 24" canvas board
nfs, my personal collection

When I first started painting in 1983, there were few resources to see art.  I subscribed to several art magazines and in one on them was an article about painting shadows.  The author/artist used a similar painting to demonstrate the discussion.  I have not been able to determine who that person was, but this is the painting I did from that article.  

It has hung in my home ever since.  At one time, I gave it to my Mother, but as we lived together, it floated its way back to me!  However, the most significant thing about the my painting is the resemblance of the first Grace dressed in blue to my Grandmother, Noma Saar.  You can read about Grammam in my post Happy Mother's Day Grammam.  I think the resemblance will be evident with only that one photo.

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
~John Donne

On a personal note - I have, like almost everyone, been looking for way to augment my income.  I have a very large home that 2 families can easily live in.  I am looking for a housemate and to free-up the ground floor of my home, I have moved my studio from a downstairs Florida room to my upstairs great room.  My new studio - funny to call it new as the old one was only five months old - has turned out quit nice.  I will take a photo soon to show you the new layout.  But, doing this move has taken a huge portion of my time this week and I have not posted as much as I intended.  That means I have not painted as much either.  I will make every effort to be more timely for the rest of July.  It is time I put some miles on this ol' blog!

Goodnight, friend

No comments: