Friday, July 24, 2009

NZ Art Guild Challenge #6 - Memory

Memory of a Rose
acrylic on 8" by 10" canvas board
Available $45 including shipping
email me for PayPal invoice

The other day, I received an invitation on Facebook to become friends with Sharlene Schmidt. We did not have any friends in common, so I visited her website and found out she was an artist in New Zealand and I liked her work. She had found me through a link we both have on out Blogs, Widgetbox Network.

While I was looking at her Blog, I ran across a Challenge that I had not heard of. I asked her about it and she invited me to join through Facebook. Their Web Site is NZ Art Guild and members submit their work there. However, I am affiliated through Facebook on their Fan Site and it is open to all. Sharlene asked me to invite my friends, too!


Now here's where it gets fun! You all know how I enjoy the Challenges. This one is completely different from any other I've found. Every 2 weeks the theme changes and so do all the rules. Here are the rules for Challenge #6:

The Theme: MEMORY
You Must Also Use: A LIMITED COLOUR PALETTE
Use a limited colour palette of 2 colours plus black and white (e.g. Orange plus Blue)
You may use any shade or tone of the colours you choose (e.g light blue through to dark blue) and since grey is a tonal variation of black and white you may also use that as well.

My Palette: Baltic Green, Neutral Grays 4, 6 & 8, Soft White, Light Portrait Pink, Cadmium Red Medium, Sap Green Permanent

God gave us memories that we might have roses in December.
~J.M. Barrie, 1922

I hope to participate in this Challenge often and as I do, you will see how the rules change.

AND FINALLY, I have not entered nearly as many painting as I would liked during the month of July. I don't even have a really good excuse! It seems like I stay busy, I have all kinds of projects laid out. But, I do have to tell you, sometimes I just don't feel like I have anything to paint. Maybe it's painters block - not really. I am in a period of time where I am doubting myself, my ability to paint anything of interest. I am working to get over this 'hump' and know it is perfectly normal. Thank you for your continued interest in my Blog and my work. I hope I haven't let you down and I am trying to get back on the 'productive' road again.

Good morning to you all

No comments: