Wednesday, July 15, 2009

FTM Following the Masters Challenge #4

The Century after Maxfield Parrish
acrylic on 12" by 16" canvas board
available $75 including shipping
email me for PayPal invoice

This is my first entry in the Following the Masters Challenge hosted by Michelle Burnett. It is the forth challenge and the subject is art of Maxfield Parrish. It was hard for me to find something of his I felt I could paint. His style is very detailed and 'old-world' in style. I am much more contemporary in my art and in my taste. When I buy art, if it has a computer, piercing or tattoo, all the better! Mr. Parrish did not paint those things!

But it was a wonderful learning experience. Maxfield Parrish was a very gifted artist and I had never heard of him! He was famous for his androgynous nudes, like the one I did. He was also famous for the dazzlingly luminous colors that marked much of his artwork; the shade "Parrish blue" was coined in acknowledgement. He could not be categorized and developed a truly original style of his own. There is so much available about Mr. Parrish on Google. Look him up to see his unique art.

I hope you are having a lovely week.
A very early Good morning!

No comments: