Saturday, October 3, 2009

Family Matters

Mama's Vase
11" by 14" by 3/4" gallery wrapped canvas
available $178 + $11 shipping
email me beckielboo@comcast.net for PayPal invoice

This is a picture I considered for TAC #18 Hidden Treasure. Everything in this painting is very special to me.

What you barely see, is the top of my Grandfather's dental cabinet. He bought the cabinet used in 1920 from a retiring dentist who used it from about 1880. My Grandfather then used it until he retired in 1970. My Mother inherited it and I have used it since 1994 for scrap booking supplies and now as a jewelry cabinet. It is a beautiful piece that my Father refinished and has been a cherished piece in our home.

My Mother made the vase. She enjoyed ceramic's in her later years and we all have many of her pieces. Inside the vase is lavender I bought in Waynesville, NC visiting my sister Beverly.

The two bunnies are from my daughter Mary Ellen's collection. I started her a bunnie collection when she was 3 or 4 years old. Although she no longer collects them, they are all over both our homes.

The basket is collapsible and made of a beautiful piece of wood and signed by the artist. I don't actually remember where I bought it, but added it to my collectibles in the last 20 years. Finally, the gardenias are from a Christmas decoration also about 20 years ago. I loved the look of them and have never put them away.

Let's see, I got my Grandfather, Father, Mother, sister and daughter included! Not bad - for a FAMILY MATTER!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Such a touching and beautiful piece, Beckie. You are doing so wonderfully with these challenges! I love to hear the family stories too. Please do keep them coming. I'm all eyes! LOL