Saturday, October 17, 2009

Art Challenge #19: Beyond Boundaries

Mei Mei Meets a Piranha
acrylic on 24" by 20" Centurion LX linen gallery wrapped canvas
Available $495 plus $18 shipping
Contact me at beckielboo@comast.net

The write-up for this post was doomed from the beginning! At first I was just too tired to do it. I was falling asleep while I was awake and when I'd move to do the next task, I realized I'd just been asleep! Weird! Then, earlier tonight, I came in and edited it with a really really great write-up - and you can guess - I lost it! Must not have meant to be!
So, this is the 19th challenge of The Artist Challenge hosted by Vikki North, Beyond Boundaries. It was not an easy topic for me, I started with the very uninspired and progressed to some interesting ideas but I couldn't develop them. I couldn't really say how I ended up with this, but once I came upon it, I knew it was what I wanted.
I'm sorry I can not rewrite what was lost. I took it as a sign, it didn't need to be said!

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Well that little fishie sure surprised me. LOL This is such a cute painting, Beckie. Can't wait to hear the story behind it! I'm telling you, your work keeps getting better and better. Maybe because I am getting to see Beckie the person in it too!

irinapictures said...

Beckie, I found this challenge and want you to look at it, as you are a big challenges fan, same as me. http://mondayartday.blogspot.com I think they are humorous and energetic, I plan to take part.

sharon said...

I really like this one, it's so cute. I could see it as an illustration in a children's book. Fitting title, too. I would never have thought to put that fishy there!