Monday, March 29, 2010

Good Morning, Sherry!

Today, I've replaced my banner image. My blog will be 1 year old on April 21 and this is the first change I've made. Some things have changed and I wanted a new look!

The painting was done during my first painting phase in 1986. My name was Becky Kastelic at that time; I married Paul Leone in 1990 changing my name (obviously)!

I found an article in an art magazine discussing shadowing. I am so disappointed that I did not keep the article and do not know the name of the author/artist that I used as a reference image for this painting. Maybe someday someone will recognize her work and I'll finally be able to credit her.

And, yes Sherry, I am back at the easel! I can't thank you enough for your caring words!

Beckie

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Good morning to you, Beckie! I am so glad you ARE back at the easel. I know how busy you stay with your friends and activities, but I always miss and worry about you when I don't see you post in awhile. I love the new banner and think it is yet another fabulous painting! You do not give yourself enough credit, my friend.

shelley said...

hi becky,
so nice to see that lovely painting you did, i love it, love the colors! my husband has a natural talent as an illustrator but he just couldn't stand the pressure of working in advertising as a fashion illustrator and went completely in a diff direction and just now finally after 20 years picked up a pencil!
have a nice evening!
shelley

beckielboo said...

Hi Shelley, You are an inspiration. No wonder your husband returned to sketching, he has too - to keep up with you!

I'm not sure how you found me, I am a follower of "I'm Still Standing", but as you literally have hundreds of followers, doubt if you knew!

Welcome to my Blog and you can be sure, I'll be returning to yours - have to watch your progress - you hot MaMa!

Hope you'll visit again!
Beckie